Many of us are busy, chasing after our children and have endless chores and our long to do lists that making lunch or dinner sometimes slips through the cracks.
Preparing a bunch of these easy burritos not only to eat for a meal but to also have extra that can be stored in the freezer to pull out on such occasions is just what we need to feed our families on the crazy days.
- 6 small to medium tortillas. Food for Life Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Tortillas are recommended.
- 1 can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Salsa or homemade salsa
- 3 ounces of raw goat cheese or another type of a soft cheese (ie. Monterey Jack)
- chilli powder to taste
- ½ of an onion chopped
- optional toppings: avocado, romaine, sour cream, lime wedges
- Place tortillas on top of parchment paper lined aluminum foil
- Place ¼ cup of black beans on each tortilla
- Sprinkle chili powder on top of black beans (1 to 2 shakes)
- Add about a tablespoon of onion on top of beans
- Top each burrito with one tablespoon of salsa
- Top each burrito with a handful of cheese.
- Roll and wrap each tortilla tightly.
- If eating later: store burritos in a ziplock bag in the freezer until ready to use.
- If eating now: Pre-heat oven 375 degrees and then pop burritos in oven on a rack.
- Cooking time varies: fresh burritos take 10 mins, defrosted burritos take 20 mins, and frozen burritos take 30 mins (of course a microwave would be faster but it turns out better in the oven.
- Serve with avocado, romaine, sour cream, lime wedges and/or more salsa
You won’t regret making these since they are super tasty and healthy!
Recipe from: Foodbabe.com