PROVERBS 31 Woman
Proverbs 31 is typically known as the description for a NOBLE women.
The Proverbs 31 women is the “superwomen” . She had a lot of things going on and still managed to look good doing it.
A lot of women feel intimidated by the Proverbs 31 women because they think she’s perfect and not attainable.
This proverb was written to provide wisdom and instruction on ways to live our lives better.
It’s impossible to be a perfect wife and mother, but we can glean some solid wisdom from her.
I look at Proverbs 31 as a string of pearls. Each characteristic that she embodies is like a pearl on the strand of life.
We don’t just automatically have the whole strand put together. Some of us are long strands, some short bracelets , but all are a work in progress.
We’ve got to face the fact that this is something wonderful to strive to attain. We have to work at it. All the “pearls” don’t come naturally to us. Some of us have to work hard to string the thread through the pearl to pull it onto our strand. Sometimes our pearls get loose and a few fall off and we need to work to thread them back on to our stand.
Pearls of the Proverbs 31 women:
- Noble Character, VS 10- a brave women with great courage. We need to be a brave women –one who can face trials and tribulations of life with tenacity knowing, Phillipians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who gives us strength.
- Trustworthy, VS 11- Need to be a women of integetrity both in heart and actions. Being truthful in every word that comes from my mouth.
- A willing worker, VS 13
- A good Manager , VS 14,15
- Industrious, VS 16- First thing in the morning, she dressed for work, rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started. She’s up before down, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day. She is skilled in running an effient home and senses the worth of her work. This is a women who can’t wait to care for her family. Usually the first to rise and last to go to sleep. She’s thinking of her family first. Her priorities are in order.
- Charitable, VS 20- she’s quick to assist anyone in need, reaches out to the poor. Am I reflecting the love of God to those outside my family? Am I quick to help the hurting, lost and broken?
- Well dressed, VS 22- makes her own clothing and dresses in colorful linens and silks. This is not a women who wears sweats everyday and hasn’t showered in days. This is a women who takes pride in her body, heart and mind. She celebrates her womanhood.
- She’s busy, VS 27b- not lazy, watches over the affairs of her household. Makes sure everyone is well taken care of us. Proper food, clothing, etc.
- A good mother- VS 28- her children respect and bless her. Husband praises her. All her sacrifices, “extras” she’s gone without are worth every moment. Her value is known and celebrated by the one’s who love her.
- Fears the Lord, VS 30. Most important attribute of all. Her beauty is not only skin deep, it reaches to her soul. We need to be in God’s word, having a daily prayer time and fellowship with like believers so we can reflect Jesus Christ, to be a women after God’s own heart.
Closing: when we look at all the wonderful qualities of a Proverbs 31 women, it can be overwhelming, but if we look at each one as a “pearl” to thread into our life, we can start to make the strand out of them that God intends for us.
Keep our lives in tune with Christ daily is a big part of making our qualities as women something that reflects Christ.
SO, are you threading your pearls?
Martha Rudd – Mentor Mom